Being in a car accident is stressful enough. You have the pain from the injuries you received from the car accident and then you get your medical bills. First, you should get an attorney to help you navigate through this process. At Blevins & Hong, P.C., we are experienced in handling these types of situations.

First, you can use your medical payment coverage to pay for your bills. This is coverage you have with you automobile insurance, if you purchased it.

Medical payment coverage gives you a set amount to cover most medical bills from a car accident, such as $1,000 up to $25,000. Your car insurance company will pay the bills directly or reimburse you.

If you do not have medical payment coverage, you can use your health insurance. Of course you will have to pay co-pays or pay up to your deductible. You can attempt to get this back once you settle your claim. Health insurance companies also in some cases have the right to get their money back once you settle your case. This is called subrogation. At Blevins & Hong, P.C., we can help you deal with any subrogation claims.

Finally, if you don’t have medical payment coverage or health insurance, you will be responsible for paying your medical bills directly. Some providers will work with you on payments and others will allow a lien to be placed on your recovery.

The Marietta Car Accident Attorneys at Blevins & Hong. P.C,. will assist you in getting the best recovery for you. Call us today for a free consultation.