Attorney Richard N. Blevins, Jr. joined Blevins & Hong, P.C. as the firm’s senior litigation attorney. He has successfully handled hundreds of personal injury claims and has enjoyed great success litigating in Georgia courts. He also has vast experience handling criminal cases and assists in the firm’s criminal section as well.
Attorney Richard Blevins is a former Cobb County Assistant District Attorney and Assistant Solicitor General. He is a part-time criminal justice instructor at Chattahoochee Technical College in Marietta, Georgia. He graduated third in his class at the DeKalb County Police Academy and achieved an intermediate certification from Georgia’s Peace Officer Standards & Training Council. Attorney Richard Blevins was a former Detective with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office, a former Police Officer with the Milledgeville Police Department and the DeKalb County Police Department. He also is veteran of the United States Army where he was a soldier in the Military Police Corps stationed overseas.
★2014 Georgia Super Lawyer and AV Peer Review Rated for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability.★
Attorney Richard Blevins Education:
- Juris Doctorate, John Marshall Law School
- B.S., Georgia College & State University
- Carl Vinson Public Service Scholarship recipient
- A.S., Georgia Military College, Milledgeville, Graduate with Distinction
- DeKalb Police Academy, Graduate in 1993, Graduated third in class and received over four months of police training
- U.S. Army Military Police Investigator School, Graduate in 1990
- U.S. Army NCO Academy, Graduate in 1990
- U.S. Army Basic Military Police School, Graduate in 1987
- American Association for Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- National College for DUI Defense
- Cobb Bar Association (member of Cobb Trial Lawyers and Criminal Defense sections)
- Has received a Superb 10.0 rating from Avvo
Member of the following Courts:
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States District Court- Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court- Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- All Superior, State, Magistrate, Juvenile, Probate and Municipal Courts in Georgia
- 11 years as a criminal defense, personal injury and DUI attorney in the metro Atlanta area.
- 3 years as an Assistant District Attorney with the Cobb District Attorney’s Office.
- 1 year as an Assistant Solicitor General with the Cobb County Solicitor’s Office.
- 5 years as a certified police officer with the DeKalb County Police Department, Milledgeville Police Department and the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office.
- Served as a patrol officer, deputy sheriff, DARE Officer, traffic accident officer, detective, jailer, and patrol supervisor. Duties included: investigating homicides and other serious crimes, interviewing witnesses and victims, interrogating suspects, preserving and collecting evidence from crimes scenes, testifying in court, applying for search and arrest warrants, executing arrest and search warrants, conducting covert and overt narcotic operations, conducting speed detection duties, conducting DUI arrests, answering all 911 calls, conducting traffic stops, and enforcing the laws of the State of Georgia.
- 5 years as a U.S. Army Military Police Officer.
- Served as a Military Police Investigator, Patrol Officer, Team Leader, and Traffic Accident Investigator.
- Served in the Berlin Brigade from 1987 to 1990 and Schofield Barracks, Hawaii from 1990 to 1992. Duties included: patrol duties, traffic stops, military installation security, worked at Allied Checkpoint Charlie and Bravo in Berlin, Investigated accidents, worked with the German Polizi, French National Police, and British Military Police on numerous traffic accidents and crimes involving uniformed personnel of the U.S. Armed Forces, conducted follow up investigations on all crimes that occurred on Schofield Barracks.
- Completed the Intoxilyzer 9000 training course
- Completed NHTSA DUI Detection and Field Sobriety Testing Instructor Course
- Completed NHTSA Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (A.R.I.D.E.)
- Completed NHTSA DUI Detection and Field Sobriety Tests
- Trial Advocacy course at the N.D.A.A.’s National Advocacy Center in Columbia, S.C.
- ntoximeter 5000 certified
- RADAR certified
- DARE Officer certified
- Standard Field Sobriety Testing trained and certified by the State of Georgia.
- Georgia P.O.S.T. certified as a Basic and Intermediate Peace Officer
- Over 1,000 hours of training as a police officer
View Richard’s social and legal profiles on Google +, Avvo, LinkedIn and Lawyer Central.