Marietta DUI Lawyer
If you are stopped by a law enforcement officer and are arrested for DUI, he may have submitted a DPS form 1205 to the Department of Drivers Services to suspend your driver’s license, if four conditions are met:
- You refuse to take the state administered breath or blood test.
- If over 21 years of age, you registered .08 or more on the state administered breath test.
- If you are under 21 years of age, you registered .02 or more on the state administered breath test.
- If you are operating a commercial vehicle and registered .04 or more on the state administered breath test.
If any of these conditions occur, the officer will take your driver’s license and forward it to the Department of Drivers Service to be suspended. You must file a hearing in 30 calendar days.
TOP DUI LAWYER IN MARIETTA/COBB COUNTY
You are given at the time of your arrest a copy of the DPS form 1205, which allows you a 45 day temporary driving permit. You then must file for a hearing within 30 calendar days of your arrest. This request must be accompanied by a $150.00 fee. If this is done your suspension will not go into effect until you have your hearing at an Administrative License suspension hearing.
Consider Your Defense for DUI Charges in Marietta GA
You could have a great defense for your DUI case, if you answer “yes” to any or all of the following questions. Be sure to contact your local DUI attorney Richard Blevins today for help with your defense.
Concerning The Stop
- Were you pulled over by the police for no apparent reason?
- Were you told a reason and given a citation for a different one?
- Did you have your vehicle parked when the police first approached you?
- Did you pull over immediately upon the police signaling you to stop?
- Did you avoid swerving or weaving as you pulled over?
- Was the stop at a DUI Checkpoint?
- Were you on the outside of your vehicle when the police officer(s) arrived?
Field Sobriety Tests
- Were you not informed that the field sobriety tests are a voluntary act?
- Were you exhausted or very nervous while you were taking the field sobriety tests?
- Did you have physical impairments that would have affected your field sobriety tests’ performance?
- Once you were arrested, were you read the Miranda Warnings?
- Were the field sobriety tests performed on or close to the road?
- Were the tests administered on a surface that was not flat, well-lit, and clean?
- Did you perform the tests while you were wearing high heels?
The Breath Test Defense
- Were you persuaded to take the breath test, by the police?
- Did the officer(s) tell you that you should keep blowing during the test?
- Was more than one attempt required to get a final reading?
- Did the police not observe you for twenty minutes before you were tested?
- Did you have removable dentures in while you took the test?
- Did you have your final alcoholic drink within an hour of taking the test?
- Did the breath reading come out to less than a .11 BAC?
- Is there a variation between all of the readings for the test?
Blevins & Hong, P.C. will provide the best possible DUI defense. We will guide you through the 30 day letter and legal ramifications are stringent when drugs impair driving ability. Blevins & Hong, P.C. have the expertise to handle all DUI cases, including those which involve drugs.
With more than 17 years of attorney experience, extensive training and reception of many awards, Blevins & Hong are well-prepared to defend any one arrested on DUI charge no matter what the circumstance.
This legal team will navigate the individual through the intricate legalities of his case, offer a fair appraisal of the situation and present sensible options which can help the defendant’s ultimate outcome. Their years of experience and knowledge is definitely advantageous in the DUI case.
For more information, call Blevins & Hong, P.C. for a complimentary initial consultation. Retain the best attorney possible in Marietta GA to take on and fight for your rights.
CONTACT BLEVINS & HONG
191 Roswell Street, Marietta, GA 30060
|Monday – Firday||8AM – 5PM|
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Being arrested and charged with a DUI is not a situation anyone wants to find themselves in. However, if you
Nobody wants to have to file for bankruptcy. In terms of legal options for people, it is intended as a
After getting convicted of a second DUI within 5 years, Georgia law requires you to either install an ignition interlock