Marietta DUI Lawyer
AGGRESSIVE DEFENSE FOR DRUNK DRIVING CHARGES
Attorneys Richard Blevins and Soo Hong, partners at Blevins & Hong, P.C., are fully confident in their ability to handle your DUI case in the best, most effective way possible. At our firm, we know that who you choose as your legal defense can play a significant role in the outcome of your DUI case. Therefore, it is imperative you find a Marietta DUI lawyer who is aggressive, knowledgeable, and passionate about the pursuit of justice—someone who will go above and beyond to help defend you against the possibility of conviction. Below are some highlights of our attorneys’ unique qualifications:
- He is a National Ranked Superior Marietta DUI Lawyer by NAFDD
- He is a former law enforcement officer. He previously worked for the DeKalb County Police Department, Milledgeville Police Department and Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office.
- He completed training as a N.H.T.S.A. Field Sobriety Testing Instructor, Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement and Intoxilyzer 9000 Attorney’s course.
- He was Georgia P.O.S.T. certified in the Intoxilyzer 5000 and in Field Sobriety Testing.
- He was a former Assistant District Attorney and Assistant Solicitor General in Cobb County.
- He has more than 24 years of criminal justice experience
- He won the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award in 2013 and 2014 for DUI
- He was voted in Georgia Super Lawyers
- He is AV Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- He is veteran of the U.S. Army Military Police Corps
- She completed completed training as a N.H.T.S.A. Field Sobriety Testing, Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement, and Intoxilyzer 9000 Attorney’s course
- She is certified in the Intoxilyzer 5000 and in Field Sobriety Testing
- She has over 10 years of experience
- She was voted Super Lawyer Rising Stars
- She is on the Board of Trustee on the Cobb County Bar Association, members including Judges and Prosecutors
Have you been arrested for drinking and driving? Call us today at 678-354-2290!
We can answer your questions regarding:
- The DUI process
- First DUI
- Multiple DUIs
- 10 day letters
- Administrative license suspension hearings
- DUI suspensions
- Reinstating your driver’s license
- Blood alcohol concentration (BAC)
- Field sobriety tests
- DUI defenses
- Commercial DUIs
- DUI penalties
- Serious DUI penalties in Georgia
- DUI drugs
- Felony DUI
- DUI under 21
- Minor in possession of alcohol
- DUI child endangerment
- Información acerca de DUI en español: Manejo en estado de ebriedad
DUI TESTIMONIALS PROVIDED BY PREVIOUS CLIENTS
To get a better idea of what you can expect when working with our firm, you can read some excerpts from what former clients have said about our legal representation in their DUI cases.
“My case was closed in a little under 8 weeks”
“Hiring the team at Blevins & Hong, P.C. was the best move I could have made”
“I cannot thank him enough for saving my job after my DUI!”
“He looked at all the details in my case and found all the mistakes made by the officer during the arrest and problems with my BAC tests.”
For compassionate, aggressive DUI defense, team up with Blevins & Hong, P.C. We put forth our full efforts to fight for the best possible outcome for each and every case that we take on!
JUST GOT A DUI. WHAT DO I DO?
Even with Changes…..
In a Gwinnett County Case, the Georgia Supreme Court ruled in April of 2015 that testing a suspected drunken driver, in accordance with a state law, was unconstitutional. Refusing to be tested for drugs or alcohol would result in loss of driving privileges for one year is what the law stated. The Constitution protects against unreasonable search and seizure and Justices stated the law was contradicting that very right. They state that the suspect who submits to the test has not necessarily agreed freely to waive the constitutional requirement for a warrant.
Call Blevins & Hong before taking a situation like this on your own. The knowledge provided and the comfort given by having the backing of a Marietta DUI lawyer is assured peace of mind.
Under Georgia law, it is a criminal offense to operate a motor vehicle when your ability to drive has been impaired by the use of alcohol or drugs or if your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is 0.08 percent or higher. If you are a commercial driver or are under the age of 21, the legal limit is even lower (0.04 and 0.02 respectively).
DUI is most commonly a misdemeanor offense, which means the maximum punishment you can receive is usually 12 months in jail and a $1000 fine. There are situations, however, where a DUI can become a felony offense; for example, if someone was seriously injured or killed in an accident where the driver was under the influence. Other situations that can lead to felony charges include a defendant who has four prior DUI offenses within a five year period or cases where there was a child under the age of 14 in the vehicle.
DO YOU NEED A MARIETTA DUI LAWYER TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS? CALL US TODAY!
If you are facing DUI-related criminal charges, you need an attorney who is knowledgeable about the law. Our Marietta DUI lawyer knows many of the prosecutors and judges in the area; we also have the background and experience necessary to challenge your DUI charges. Let us work for you and take the burden of facing these charges off of your shoulders.
Blevins & Hong, P.C. will provide the best possible dui intoxication defense. Legal ramifications are stringent when drugs impair driving ability. Blevins & Hong, P.C. have the expertise to handle all dui cases, including those which involve drugs.
With more than 14 years of attorney experience, extensive training and reception of many awards, Blevins & Hong are well-prepared to defend any one arrested on dui charge no matter what the circumstance.
This legal team will navigate the individual through the intricate legalities of his case, offer a fair appraisal of the situation and present sensible options which can help the defendant’s ultimate outcome. Their years of experience and knowledge is definitely advantageous in the dui case.
For more information on a Marietta DUI lawyer, call Blevins & Hong, P.C. for a complimentary initial consultation. Retain the best attorney possible in Marietta GA to take on and fight for your rights in a case involving drugs.
Contact Blevins & Hong, P.C. at 678-354-2290 today to get started!
Helpful Links & Resources
CONTACT BLEVINS & HONG
191 Roswell Street, Marietta, GA 30060
|Monday – Firday||8AM – 5PM|
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
The majority of people do not consider how much money they might have to pay, if they get convicted
FILING LIMITED PERMIT APPEALS HAS CHANGED IN GEORGIA SINCE A NEW LAW TOOK EFFECT IN JULY 1, 2017 Most
On July 1, 2017, Georgia passed a new law under S.B. 174 allowing a behavioral incentive date for felony